Sunday, March 13, 2011

Is it summer?

We’ve moved on to Cocoa Beach, Florida.  There’s a beautiful big beach and the weather has really started to improve.  We were quite surprised by the crowds, both on the beach and in the water.

IMG_0900

IMG_0899

Even with the crowds, the beach is nice and big…so different than Daytona, which is just about an hour north.  We’re already talking about how hard it’s going to be to leave the beach…we’ve gotten use to hearing the waves and the beautiful vast views.

IMG_0901

Our routine has been working in the morning (I help Jason with various tasks for his websites), then we have lunch, and hit the beach for a hour or two each afternoon.  Every day we’ve taken books to the beach, but somehow we never seem to read.  I’m happy people watching and taking it all in.  It’s a nice break because in the late afternoon we work more before making dinner.

IMG_0903

2 comments:

erin j said...

I'm sure that they will only get more crowded. This week starts many college spring breaks. What a cool vacay though! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your suit!!! Where did you get it?

And the weird tides... were they maybe lunar? Our tides get really high if the moon is in a certain phase and high tide is at the right time. This is really important to us during hurricane season. The perfect storms (i.e. massive destructive hurricanes) have always happened when there was an unusually high tides due to lunar phases. I haven't been paying attention to the moon lately...since it's not hurricane season... heh. But just a thought.

Not all who wander are lost. said...

My dad had the same thought about the lunar cycle..wasn't a full moon, so I don't know what the deal was.

I got my suit at Kohl's, but on clearance back in October.