Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Callaway Gardens

Our next stop was southwest of Atlanta at Callaway Gardens.  My parents and I went here years ago when I lived in Birmingham and we had a nice time, so Jason and I added to our trip.  We were hoping to see the azaleas, but sadly most of the blooms were already done.  We had a wonderful time nonetheless. We rented bikes, and being a weekday, we had the place to ourselves.  We biked around for about 3 hours and only saw one other couple on the bike paths.  Plus we had beautiful weather.

IMG_1042

Jason had to do a little maintenance on his bike – I love the contrast in this picture of a beautiful flower and his dirty hand.

IMG_1037

Even though this picture below was taken at the azalea bowl and there’s not many flowers, we really just enjoyed all the greenery – especially knowing our return to Colorado is a few weeks.

IMG_1039

No comments: