Thursday, February 3, 2011

Disney World

Well,in Florida, you must go to Disney World, right?  I’ve been several times over the years and this was Jason’s second visit.  We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort with the help of one of my college friend that works there.  We arrived in the early afternoon to a beautiful day and spent all afternoon in the sun.

IMG_0674

The first day in the park we went to Animal Kingdom.  Here’s us In our 3D glasses.

IMG_0684

On our way to Expedition Everest.  We were really nervous about riding that roller coast based off a show we saw on the Travel Channel, but it actually was fun – we rediscovered our love for adventurous rides.

IMG_0681

Day 2: There really aren’t many adventure rides in Hollywood Studios, nothing like Universal Studios, which we went to last time we were in Orlando.  The Aerosmith rollercoaster was a lot of fun, as was the stunt car show.  To be honest, the other attractions were disappointing.  IMG_0687

We spent a few evenings at Downtown Disney. So nice to be in shorts and short sleeves even at night!

IMG_0692

Day 3: Magic Kingdom.  There’s the castle way in the background.  The off season is truly the way to do parks.  We rode Space Mountain twice in about fifteen minutes.  Last time we were here we spent over an hour in line.  We rode the Thunder Railroad three times, each time just walking right up, waiting less than five minutes.

IMG_0698

I’d say the longest we waited for anything was about 10 minutes, most rides we could just walk right up.  We’re lucky to be able to visit this time of year. Beautiful warm weather and no crowds. I was very surprised how many kids were here.  I guess some families pull their kids out of school to take advantage of the off season as well.

I really enjoyed walking the 1.5 mile track around our resort in the evenings.  I had a nice break from the computer because surprisingly, they didn’t have WiFi.  There was a single wired connection, so Jason occupied that most of the time.  I couldn’t complain that I had the freedom to relax in the hammock or walk around. It’s so hard to believe this is my life.

No comments: