Monday, February 14, 2011

Fishing for Valentines

The owner of our resort treated us to two free tickets for a half day of fishing.  I’ve never really even been fishing before, so I was excited to give it a try.  We were out for about 4 hours with maybe 20 other folks. You select your spot on the boat and tie your poll up while we venture out into the ocean.  Once the anchor drops,  everyone drops their line.

IMG_0787 IMG_0792

  IMG_0791

The first couple spots we didn’t have too much luck.  Jason caught one and I didn’t catch anything, but our last stop of the day we had amazing luck.  We ended up with eight keepers and threw a couple back.  The poles had two hooks and  I caught two fish at once! It was a little chaotic to take pictures as we were fishing – too much going on at once.  I caught four in a row – all I had to was drop my line and right away I’d catch something.  One of the crew comes over and take the fish off the hook for you and it gives it your groups unique marking – for example ours was three on the throat.

IMG_0793

Back on the dock they sort out all the fish, based on the marks.

IMG_0794

Here’s our bounty…

IMG_0795

We had them filleted, where plenty of pelicans were ready for the scraps.

IMG_0797

Then we took our fish to a restaurant near the dock, where a French chef cooked a delicious meal from our own catch.

IMG_0800 IMG_0798

A very unique and memorable experience for Valentines Day with my hubby.

No comments: